kewl tip #3 – moderation
- When you eat when you want in moderation, you don’t have to give up your favorite foods.
- You can have anything! The key is managing what you’re going to have—not depriving yourself, but not going overboard.
- Keep what you’ve been eating in mind. If you remember that you splurged a little on breakfast, you can scale back later in the day to compensate. Adversely, you can save up and enjoy a few bites of your favorite snack later in the day.
- Don’t exercise so much that you burn yourself out and it becomes unsafe just to have something you want.
- The 90-10 Strategy works really well for me! In general, I try to have 90 percent healthy foods during the day, and 10 percent of my food consumption can be special treats.
You know you’ve heard it before! “Everything in moderation.” Whoever came up with that was pretty smart! I like knowing this saying because it makes sense. It also helps me realize that I don’t have to give up things I really like. I just have to manage them. If I want some chocolate, that’s fine! I don’t have the whole bar, but a few bites. Then I keep the chocolate that I ate in the back of my mind for the rest of the day. I had a little, but I don’t want to forget about it and go wild with something else. That could hurt me in the long run. I also don’t have to burn myself out while exercising either, in an effort to have what I want. What a relief! I’m a big fan of the 90-10 Strategy. It means that 90 percent of what we eat during the day is healthy, nutritious, delicious food, and the other 10 percent is indulgences! It’s a great guideline, and gives me a general idea of how to eat.