kewl teriyaki chicken bowl
what you need:
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 cups of mini baby corns
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 ½ cups of brown rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- nonstick cooking spray
- low-sodium teriyaki sauce, to taste
- fresh sliced scallions, to taste
- fresh minced gingerroot, to taste
- garlic powder
what to do:
- Cook brown rice on stovetop according to package directions (start rice first–it takes the most time to cook!).
- Steam all vegetables–broccoli, mini baby corns, snow peas, and carrots–in a pot of boiling water.
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Coat a pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set over medium heat on your stovetop. Place your chicken in a pan on stovetop and cook thoroughly when the chicken turns golden brown approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pan, and sauté with chicken until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from pan. Slice chicken into strips.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, sliced scallions, minced gingerroot, salt, and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl.
- When brown rice is finished cooking, remove from pot. Divide into two servings and layer in the bottom of each bowl.
- Top the rice with the sautéed vegetables and chicken.
- Top off your Kewl Teriyaki Chicken Bowls with the teriyaki sauce. Enjoy!
Makes 2 kewl teriyaki chicken bowls.
KewlTip: For added flavor to teriyaki sauce, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or freshly minced garlic, to taste!