kewl (yet hot!) sweet potato fries
what you need:
• 4 medium sweet potatoes
• ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
• ¾ tsp of ground coriander
• ¾ tsp of cumin
• ¾ tsp of dried ground oregano
• ½ tsp of chili powder
• 1 3/4 tsp of sea salt
• ½ tsp of ground black pepper
• extra virgin olive oil (to spray on baking sheet to coat)
what to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
2. Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into long matchsticks (be careful!), in order to produce shapes that resemble French fries.
3. Place sweet potato matchsticks in a large mixing bowl and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over them. Toss the matchsticks in the olive oil to evenly coat each one.
4. Add the ground coriander, cumin, dried ground oregano, chili powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Toss the potatoes so that they become fully coated in all the spices.
5. Lay each sweet potato matchstick “fry” on the baking sheet individually. KewlTip: Leave a small space in between each one so that they are not touching.
6. Place the sweet potato matchstick “fries” in the oven for 15 minutes (leave them uninterrupted and do not open the oven while they are baking!).
7. Remove pan from oven after 15 minutes, flip the matchstick “fries” over, and return them into the oven for another 15-18 minutes.
8. When “fries” have finished baking, remove from oven and serve immediately. KewlTip: Serve the sweet potato matchstick “fries” immediately. They taste kewlest when hot and fresh from the oven!
Makes approximately 8 servings.