As seen on NBC’s TODAY show!
what you need:
• 1 cup of agave nectar
• 3 ½ of cups boiling hot water
• ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of lemon juice
• ¼ cup + 2 tbsp of lime juice
• A mixture of lemons and limes (15-18 combined total)
• 15-18 small mint leaves (for garnish; use one mint leaf per each lemon/lime)
what to do:
1. In a large heatproof bowl, whisk agave nectar into hot water until it has completely dissolved.
2. Add in both lemon juice and lime juice, and whisk until incorporated.
3. Freeze for at least eight hours or overnight in freezer.
4. In the meantime, slice a small portion off the bottom of all lemons and limes so that they can stand vertically on their own. Slice a larger portion off the top and hollow out the lemons and limes with a melon baller, until no flesh remains inside the citrus fruits. Set aside.
5. Once the lemon-lime mixture is frozen, remove from freezer and scrape it repeatedly with a spoon or the tines of a fork until the result resembles the texture of a light, fluffy icy.
6. Spoon lemon-lime icy mixture into lemons and limes, and garnish with one mint leaf per lemon or lime.
7. Serve and enjoy these Lemon-Lime Kewlers!