Chocolate-Almond Granitas (a.k.a. Italian Ices!)… A delicious and refreshing way to kewl down
during summertime! Enjoy this decadent treat! It’s so rich and full of flavor, and is an awesome
alternative to ice-cream or gelato!
what you need:
• 4 cups of water
• ¾ cup of honey
• ½ cup of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
• ¾ tsp of almond extract
what to do:
1. In a large saucepan, heat the water and honey of high heat, whisking often, until the mixture boils and the honey has dissolved.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and whisk in the unsweetened natural cocoa powder, until it too has dissolved.
3. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stovetop. Pour the mixture into a heatproof mixing bowl, and whisk in the almond extract.
4. Freeze the mixture for at least twelve hours or overnight in the freezer.
5. When the mixture is completely frozen, remove it from the freezer and, using the tines of a fork or a spoon, scrape it up until the texture is that of a light, fluffy icy.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Makes approximately 8-10 servings.