Kewl Twist to French Toast...
Kick off the morning with a little Vitamin C and some awesome flavors like sweet vanilla, warm cinnamon, and yummy allspice! This nutritious French Toast is easy, delicious, and really satisfying – a great that is sure to fill you up with fiber-rich wholegrain bread!
• 4 slices of 100% wholegrain bread
• ¾ cup of egg whites
• 1 tbsp of nonfat skim milk
• 1 tsp of finely grated fresh orange zest
• ½ tsp of vanilla extract
• 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp of ground allspice
• 1 orange, sliced
• 1 tbsp + 1 tsp (or 4 tsp) of maple syrup (for drizzling each serving with 2 tsp of maple syrup)
• canola oil spray (for spraying pan)
what to do:
1. Coat a pan with canola oil spray. Set over medium heat on the stovetop.
2. In a bowl, mix together egg whites, nonfat skim milk, orange zest, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon & ground allspice.
3. Dip each slice of bread into the egg white mixture on both sides.
4. Place slices of bread into pan and cook them for 2-4 minutes on each side
or until golden brown.
5. Serve with orange slices and 2 tsp of maple syrup per serving.
Yields 2 servings.