iced summer peach blast
what you need:
• 1 (20-oz.) bag unsweetened frozen peach slices, without skins
• 10 cups water
• 1/3 cup agave nectar
• 3 100% pure, decaffeinated, unflavored white tea bags, strings used for gripping bags removed and discarded
• Ice cubes, for serving
• Fresh mint leaves, for serving, if desired
what to do:
1. Combine frozen peach slices, water, and agave nectar in a 4-quart or larger Dutch oven or pot. Stir with a wooden spoon or similar heatproof utensil to evenly distribute all ingredients. Set over high heat on the stovetop and bring to a rolling boil, covered tightly with lid.
2. Once the liquid inside the pot begins boiling, cook over high heat for 30 minutes. (KewlTip: Do not be concerned if up to 10-15 minutes elapse before the liquid begins to boil. Due to the presence of a relatively large volume inside the Dutch oven or pot, a slightly extended period of time may pass before the rolling boil commences.)
3. After 30 minutes of continuous, covered boiling, remove the Dutch oven or pot from the heat, uncover quickly, add the teabags, stir to submerge them in the hot liquid, and immediately recover. Turn off stovetop burner and steep the teabags off the heat for approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. Uncover pot and carefully strain the contents inside through a fine sieve into a heatproof bowl, pitcher, or large container of the like. Discard the cooked peach slices and tea bags caught in the sieve.
5. Chill the tea in the refrigerator for several hours until cold.
6. Pour the chilled tea into glasses over ice, and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
7. Serve and enjoy!