kewl krispy corn salad
what you need:
• 2 cups cooked sweet yellow corn kernels
• 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained
• 1 cup chopped fresh tomato (from about 4 medium Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and flesh reserved and sliced into small, square chunks)
• ½ cup toasted pine nuts (KewlTip: To easily toast pine nuts yourself, place the full ½ cup into a small sauté pan [keep it dry--no oil or cooking spray required!] and cook for approximately 5 minutes over medium heat, until the nuts are lightly browned and extremely fragrant. This will unlock the treasure trove of pine nutty flavor inside!)
• 3 tablespoons large pieces of roughly torn fresh basil leaves
• 4 ½ teaspoons olive oil
• 1 ½ balsamic vinegar
• sea salt
• ground black pepper
what to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the corn kernels, cannellini beans, tomato, pine nuts, and basil, in order to evenly distribute all ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the oil and vinegar until a rich, slightly thickened dressing has formed. Season lightly with salt and pepper, stir to combine, and drizzle over the salad in the large mixing bowl. Toss to coat the ingredients in the dressing.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Yields 4 to 6 servings.