• 4 cups water
• Juice squeezed from 6 medium fresh lemons
• 2/3 cup light agave nectar
• Fresh mint leaves, if desired, for serving
what to do:
1. In a small saucepan, thoroughly whisk together 1 cup water (reserve the remaining 3) and the agave nectar. Set over high heat on the stovetop and bring to a rolling boil. Once the boiling commences, immediately cover the pot with its lid. Continue to boil for approximately 5 minutes, or until the agave nectar has dissolved into the water and the result is a rich, smooth syrup.
2. Add the agave-water syrup (created in Step 1 above) to a large heatproof mixing bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the lemon juice and remaining 3 cups of water. Mix until all ingredients are completely combined, and place into the refrigerator to cool until completely chilled, several hours or overnight.
3. Serve and enjoy! If desired, garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Yields roughly 4 – 6 servings.