kewl spinach artichoke dip
• 1 (approximately 9 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained to remove excess liquid
• 1 (approximately 9 ounce) box frozen artichokes hearts, thawed and thoroughly drained to remove excess liquid
• ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• ¼ plus 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
• 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
• 6 ounces light cream cheese
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• canola oil spray OR nonstick cooking spray
what to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Prepare an ovenproof baking dish by coating the interior with canola oil spray OR nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine. Blend well but allow for small chunks of artichokes to remain intact for texture.
3. Pour all of the mixture into the prepared baking dish (see Step #1 above) and place in oven to cook for roughly 18-20 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbling on its surface.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
KewlTip: To make the most of this delicious recipe, serve it with crispy toasted wholegrain pita chips fresh from the oven, or put together a display of your favorite cold chopped veggies and crudités!