kewl mini apple spice cakes
Mini Apple Spice Cakes are the perfect homemade holiday treat to make for all those on your holiday list! Bursting with delicious flavors and ingredients like fresh apples, warm cinnamon, and aromatic allspice and nutmeg, this mini cakes will keep out the chill on a cold winter day with its tasty embrace!
what you need:
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 ¼ cups raw sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
• ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ½ cup canola oil
• ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
• 2 large eggs
• 1 large egg white
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large sweet red apples, peeled, cored & chopped
• canola oil spray OR nonstick cooking spray
• confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
what to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the molds of a mini Bundt® cake pan with canola oil spray OR nonstick cooking spray. (KewlTip: If you prefer, keep it classic and bake this recipe in one large Bundt® pan! Regardless of which shape you go for, be sure to apply the canola oil or nonstick cooking spray to the interior of the mold to prevent and great taste from behind left behind!)
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – both of the flours (all-purpose and whole-wheat), sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together the wet ingredients – oil, applesauce, eggs, egg white, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the larger mixing bowl containing the dry ingredients. Mix until just evenly combined. Stir in the apples until distributed.
5. Pour batter into the prepared wells of the mini Bundt® cake pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. (KewlTip: If using a large Bundt® pan, bake for 1 hour.) Insert a toothpick into the center of each cake. If it is removed cleanly with no residue on the toothpick’s surface, the cakes have cooked through completely. If any wet or uncooked batter remains on the toothpick, continue to bake in short increments to cook through.
6. Allow cakes to cool completely for approximately 15-20 minutes before removing from their molds and inverting, molded-side up.
7. Use a sieve to evenly dust each cake with a fine layer of confectioner’s sugar.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Yields 8 mini Bundt® cakes or 1 large Bundt® cake.