Grilling Game Plan
Through trial and error, I’ve discovered these five easy grilling tips help to create a super delicious BBQ spread this spring and summer!
1. Let meat, poultry, or seafood arrive at room temperature before it is placed on the grill.
2. To avoid burning, brush all marinades/sauces on the meat during the last 10-12 minutes of cooking keep basting/brushing until the meat is fully cooked.
3. Planning to save extra marinade/sauce to serve on the side? (Yum!) Be sure to separate it and set it aside before marinating meat, poultry, or fish, or basting/brushing it on. This way, you’re sure to avoid cross-contamination!
4. Using tongs (as opposed to a fork) to turn the meat, poultry, or fish from one side to the other while on the grill really helps to seal in the heat and flavor. Puncture your meat no more!
5. A meat thermometer is super handy to help determine when the meat, poultry, or fish is completely cooked through!