Happy July 4th! BBQ’s, Fireworks, Independence and More!
July 4th: As we celebrate the USA’s birthday and the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, we’re kicking off the ultimate celebration (the best kind, right?), and the perfect time to get together with friends and family for good times, good fun, and delicious food!
Whatever is topping off your menu, here are some quick tips & ideas to serve up a roster of healthy and super-yummy treats to let your red-white-and-blue show!
1. To keep you on track: With a long holiday weekend ahead, you’ve got some Xtra time to get out and enjoy the summer weather!
Choose a fun outdoor activity you love. For instance, plan a little time in the day to go for a walk, swim or bike ride (that’s what I’ll be up to!).
2. Fuel up with hydration: The best way to beat the heat is to stay hydrated! We’ve got some tasty, easy options to create some fresh and fruity summer drinks to lend a helping hand when you need to kewl off!
Kewl Crimson Iced Tea: Fresh RED iced tea (sounds amazing!) flavored with sweet, juicy fresh fruit.
Kewl Lemonade: So refreshing and white sugar-free, featuring all-natural agave nectar and bright, citrusy lemon juice, bottling up the energy of summer’s sunny sun right in your glass!
Iced Summer Peach Blast: Sweet peaches = awesome! This recipe is so simple and just what the taste-buds ordered for this warm summer weather!
3. Plan ahead: If you are hosting a BBQ, you get to choose all the foods destined for the grill grates! Go for fresh vegetables, lean protein, whole-grains and fresh fruit (yes, big slices of fruity goodness are quite fond of the grill; we promise!)!
Here are a few menu suggestions:
- Super Kewl Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Kewl Krispy Corn Salad
- Kewl-Yet Hot Warm Sweet Potato Fries