what you need:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Canola oil spray
what to do:
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with canola oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using an electric hand-mixer and large mixing bowl), beat the eggs, egg whites, and vanilla extract on medium speed.
- Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture in four even additions, stirring constantly on low speed, until completely combined into a thick dough. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Stir in white chocolate chips, pistachios, and dried cranberries until just combined.
- Spread the dough onto baking sheet, forming into a smooth log of approximately (3-inches) thick.
- Bake 50 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before slicing log into 15 to 17 even strips. Arrange, cut-side up, on baking sheet and reduce oven temperature to 275°F. Bake 40 minutes, until very hard. Remove and allow to cool.
15 to 17 large biscotti