Tennis is one of my favorite ways to get out and enjoy some fantastic fitness fun in the fresh air! Hitting the ball is a really rewarding feeling – especially when it makes it over the net! I’ve always loved playing tennis, but mastering the form can be a challenge… one that I’m still working [...]
let’s get up and move!
Thinking about Fitness
Make it an obligation or a chore
Make it fun
Look forward to it
why we should get in shape
- IT’S FUN: Choose an activity like walking, biking, swimming, basketball, tennis, trying out some exercises at the gym–whatever you like! Then, fitness becomes fun. It’s simple! Find what you like doing and let yourself enjoy it!!! I love getting the chance to walk, run, hike, and workout in general. I put on some great music and go! It’s an awesome escape!
- IT MAKES YOU HAPPY: When we exercise, our bodies release natural endorphins, giving us more energy to do what we’ve got to do! Endorphins are a natural substance that makes us happy–one of the ways our bodies step in and pick us up! Have you ever had a bad day or felt down? When you’re exercising, the pituitary gland in the brain releases those super-amazing endorphins. The result: you feel happy, more relaxed and less stressed! Every time I get up and get a chance to do an activity I like, I’m excited, happy, and in a great mood!
- IMPROVES SELF-ESTEEM: Exercise helps us to burn calories and to strengthen our bodies–strength training, balance and overall blood circulation, including our heart and lungs. Exercise also helps us with weight control and management. We all know that when we look good, we feel good. Feeling good helps us to improve our self-esteem and confidence.
- HELPS YOU SLEEP BETTER: When you exercise, you tend to sleep better. When I exercise, I usually feel tired at nighttime from working out. I’m more relaxed, too, which leads to a great night’s sleep!
1. Schedule an appointment with yourself each day! Pick a realistic time that will be convenient for you. Treat that time like it’s equally as important as your homework or other things you have to do. It’s your personal fitness time! Setting aside sixty minutes is often a great, fulfilling block where you can get your heart rate up and move. Some days, of course, we get too busy to exercise for a full hour. When that happens, find as much time as you can without interfering with your other plans and obligations, and have fun! I try to take one day off from my fitness schedule each week. It’s a good time to relax, take a break, and make sure that you’re not overworking yourself.
2. A great way to mix up your fitness routine is to invite someone else to join you. Family members and friends make great exercise partners. Walk or run together, play tennis, whatever you feel like doing! Taking your pet out for some fun leisure time, like a walk or jog around the neighborhood, is an excellent way to make your workout interesting, too! And your pet will LOVE it!
3. Double up on purpose! Choose an amazing cause to support and join in on a walk-a-thon or race! It’s an incredible way to not only get healthier and fitter, but to make a huge difference in your community! You can change someone’s life in extraordinary ways by connecting with a charity or foundation!
GO OUT AND DO IT! HAVE FUN!
Hey Guys! I’m so excited to share some incredible, really kewl tips and ideas straight from Jeff Deperon, Fitness Professional, right here on KewlBites! Jeff Deperon is one of the kindest, most inspiring and intelligent people that I’m privileged to work with and learn from. This celebrity fitness trainer/all-things-workout-and-more-guru is extremely well-known in the industry [...]